simply sash: Join Our Team↸
We are looking for skilled carpenters and joiners with proven experience working on timber-frame sash windows.
Initially this will be a subcontractor role, but the potential for full-time employment exists if you prove to be a skilled and reliable worker.
The role involves a combination of on-site work at domestic and commercial properties (including Grade I and II listed buildings), as well as in-house at our Nympsfield workshop.
Responsibilities will include:
- Sill replacement.
- Frame repairs.
- Sash servicing (re-cording and rebalancing).
- Fitting draught-proofing systems and window hardware.
- Constructing made-to-measure sash windows.
- Assessing jobs and completing them to a high standard.
We work on sites in Gloucestershire and nearby areas, so we are looking for an experienced local craftsperson, based near Cheltenham, Gloucester, Stroud or Bristol.
You will need:
- CSCS certification, level 3 C&G or NVQ related qualification.
- Excellent references.
- Your own tools, PPE and transport (with valid full driving license).
- Experience working with timber-frame sash windows.
- A fine eye for detail.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- To be able to reliably self manage your workload and time-keeping.
- Good English-speaking customer communication skills.
- The expertise to carry out jobs to a high standard, within a health and safety framework.
Your transport should be suitable for carrying tools and materials, including 3m long beadings. PPE should include face-fitted mask. For on-site work, Reduced Low Voltage (110v) power tools are required.
We offer a rewarding job with competitive pay (above market rate), negotiable depending on skills and experience.
You will be working as part of a small hard-working team, with friendly, supportive and flexible working conditions.
If you have a keen interest in traditional window preservation and quality workmanship, we would like to hear from you.
Apply to The Sash Window Service Ltd.
or phone: (01453) 861025
and ask for Trevor.